![]() |
| Sisterly Love |
![]() |
| Taylor and Jenna in grandmas square dancing skirts |
![]() |
| Kyle and Natalie are sealed for all time and eternity |
![]() |
| Thanksgiving basketball game |
Family, what does that word mean to you? We all have one! They come in all shapes and sizes, some are huge, some are small, some are loud (that would be my family), some are close and some are broken. Whatever the case may be we all have one and we all are a link in our families eternal chain. I, being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints am proud to say that I am a strong link that will connect my past familiy and my future family to the eternal blessing that I have because I am lucky enough to be a member of my church. All around me I see media that portrays home and family as a dismal subject. However, I know from personal exsperience that home is a place of love and comfort. It saddens me to hear of those who don't have a good realationship with their families and who never saw there home as anything but a war zone. For those who never felt happiness when they walked into their home, my heart truly aches. Because I have the privledge of being a Latter Day Saint, I do not just have a birth family, I also have a ward family! When I walk into the beautiful chapel and see all the members smiling faces I feel that same warmth in my heart that I feel when my mother smiles at me and pulls me into her embrace. My heart is filled with great gratitude towards God because he did not send me here alone but he sent me here with with a family and because we have the gospel we can be together forever. What a joy it will be to hold my own child in my arms in some future day and know in my heart of hearts that we will be bond together for eternity. So in closing I would like to echo the LDS motto you may have heard once before, "Family, isn't it about time." -Taylor McCartney: Age 18




No comments:
Post a Comment