You know how you hear those, "today was such a great sabbath!" or "Sacrament meeting was the best today!" Well today was just that kind of Sunday for me<3
A few days ago, my roommates and I were asked by our Relief Society President if we could give a girl in our ward a ride to church and if we could do this for the rest of the month. Of course we were excited, so excited that we woke up early and showed up at her front door at 8:15a (mind you, our ward starts at 9 and its only a 5 min drive. lol
Around 8:30, Melissa (the girl in our ward) made her way to the car with our roommate Rachel. She found her way into the car and sat next to me happily. On the way to church she talked about her life and mentioned how she was abandoned in India and later adopted in the U.S. at the age of 3. It didnt take long for us to realize that she had a special spirit to her and brought a whole new light to our lives, which at the time I didnt think too much of.
Today, was gonna be a blessed sabbath<3
We took our seats in church and the first hymn started. We began to sing, reading line after line in the hymn book. A beautiful angelic voice started off small but soon so powerful came from beside me, singing the same words I soon began to be blinded to. I heard the voices in our row soon start to fade softer, so we could hear Melissa sing. Not only was her voice so beautiful but she had also memorized all 3 verses! It was amazing.
The first speaker, wife of our second counselor got up and spoke about her mother. Kinda like an introductory thing, because her mom was the second speaker. She spoke of her mothers accomplishments and struggles and how now at 86 yrs old, she was still going.
We then stood and sang a rest hymn, page #129-Where can I turn for peace? And again, Melissa's beautiful voice sang all 3 verses memorized.
Sister Thayne, then got up and the first thing she says was "I love you, and there aint nothing you can do about it!" haha it was too funny. She made a comment of how touched she was too see a girl in the front who sang all 3 verses, without looking and that she knew who she was because Melissa had smiled.Then she began to speak about this one trial she had in her life with her eldest daughter Becky.
She spoke of how Becky was so low in her life and she didnt know what to do. It broke her heart as a mother to see this happen to the point where right after she took Becky to the hospital, she went down to her basement and pleaded with God. When she closed her prayer, she felt the need to pick up a pen and paper and just start to write.
She then said this:
"I just remember writing and writing, I felt the Lord writing through me and it was a feeling that I can't describe. But I managed to get 3 verses down. I called my friend Joleen, who was also going through the same thing as me and my Becky. As I read to her each line, she combined musical notes together, as if our Heavenly Father was speaking through music to her. By noon that day we composed a song together, and today you know it as, Where Can I Turn For Peace? on page 129"
I think its safe to say, that even the Priesthood Holders were crying! lol
After sacrament meeting ended Melissa asked if we could go meet her. Slowly but surely, we finally made it up to the pulpit. Sister Thayne shook Melissa's hand and said softly, "I want you to know how blessed you made my sabbath. You have such a glowing light to you. I understand that you are blind but you sung the words to my song so beautifully."
Broke down again! lol
The spirit knows just how to touch you when you need it the most and I am so grateful for being a part of this gospel<3
Today was truly, one of the best sabbaths ever! Because not just one, but TWO people touched my life<3
Ayesha Matagi Magalei, Age 19
No comments:
Post a Comment