![]() |
| Me; Critical Eyes |
? Can't it go differently? Why can't you be the girl crowned at your senior prom, or the guy who gets the football scholarship? Why do others have it easier? The answer is simple, they do NOT have it easier than you. Everyone has certain things they are able to handle, you may have a high tolerance for pain and someone passing you on the street may not. The beauty of this world is that we are all so different but have at least one thing in common; we are sons/daughters of God. When you decide to judge someones situation, think twice because it's not your place.
I believe Satin to be real; so real he feels tangible. He will do ANYTHING to get to you. He will degrade you and make you feel like the divine worth you were born to obtain isn't applicable to you because you don't deserve it. He will try his hardest to make you believe that you are simply not good enough. The question is, why do we torment ourselves with thinking what He tells us and makes us feel?
Through my high school years I made myself miserable. I would look at myself with critical eyes and focus on things I needed to change. Did I have good qualities? Yes. Did I notice them? No. Because of my critical eyes I became a person who was absorbed in envy. There were things I felt I should have, that I didn't and it wasn't fair. I should have the perfect body and the perfect hair. I got so obsessed with how I should look that I lost what was within me. I was focusing so much on what the media was portraying what perfect was that I was hurting myself. I was hurting my closest friends and my family by doing this as well.
Without explaining too much I hit rock bottom. I was done. It came down to a choice, loose everything I've ever lived for or find myself and break through my critical eyes. My choice was obviously to find myself and to work on being happy with who I was. I have found that throughout those high school years I was living but I wasn't really LIVING. I missed out on so much of my youth by being absorbed in the perfection I thought was perfect. What's the definition of perfect? Who made that definition? I say forget the word/definition and find the beauty of the world and then take a step back. You'll realize that you have a noble birthright to be happy and to feel loved. You have a divine purpose and a role in this life that can't be replaced. No one can replace you. If you think you are replaceable, then stop. You are not and you will never be. You are wonderful! You are here for a specific reason, you need to find this reason and run with it. Go be who you were meant to be. Make your Father in heaven proud. Show Him you love Him by loving yourself.
Jenna Jones, Age 20

I think that is exactly right. Christ tells us what the greatest commandments are. First, "love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, might, mind, and strength." Next, "love they neighbor as thyself." Now, we tend to think of these as two commandments. But they are 3.
ReplyDeleteLove God.
Love Others.
Love Yourself.