Last night as I kneeled in prayer, the beautiful melody of the Hymn; "Where Can I Turn For Peace," came to my mind. I have written about trials before but I never really felt I could do the subject justice, for at those times my trials were almost nonexistent. However, lately my heart has been humbled by recent events that have transpired. Although my understanding of affliction is still very shallow compared to those with much greater woes than mine, I felt inspired to write of my feelings. Over the past two weeks I have come to comprehend more fully the fact that Satan knows each of us and knows each and everyone of our weaknesses and because he knows are weaknesses he knows the perfect poison to kill the happiness in all of us. I have witnessed many a miracle in my life and in the lives of others and recently I have had answers to my prayers came to me about a certain subject and those answers were extremely clear and vivid. They were truly miracles. It seemed as if the Lord was smiling upon me and a shower of great blessings came from the heavens, flooding me with great confidence and brilliant shining happiness. Then I started to analyze those answers and fear that I was wrong. Something happened that saddened my soul and Satan knew that if he could get me to just doubt my spiritual experiences, if he could just get me to think that there was a minute chance I was making it all up in my head that he could start a chain reaction inside of me that would send me spiraling down the great staircase of despair. Needless to say I began to feel like the apostle Peter in, (Matthew 14:28-31)
“28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was aafraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little afaith, wherefore didst thou bdoubt?”
I too was scared just as Peter, even though I knew in my heart of hearts that Jesus was standing right in front of me, guiding the way. Satan knowing my weaknesses though, planted a small seed of fear in me and that was all it took to make me sink and just when I thought the storming sea of despair would take me Jesus my loving Savior and friend saved me from that tumultuous sea. As I go through life I will apply the lesson I learned from Peter. Instead of focusing on the boisterous winds of life I will always keep my eyes on the Savior and never ever look away.
Taylor McCartney, age 18
Below is a video of me singing and my cousins photography. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment