Makynna Lynne White may sound like just another name to you but I can assure you it means the world to my family. Makynna is the third child in my sisters family of five. She has a rare birth defect called hurlers syndrome or as medical personnel would call it, MPS. When she was 9 months old she was diagnosed and they started chemotherapy right away. In order to put the disease into remission she needed a bone marrow transplant. The way hurlers syndrome works is the younger a child is diagnosed, the less likely the body is to reject the bone marrow transplant. The doctors were going to put her on a bone marrow waiting list and the time she had to have hope was narrowing down. Her whole family was tested and her little 5 year old brother was a perfect match. It was a blessing from God. We didn't have to wait to proceed with the transplant. She was admitted to Stanford Hospital in the Lucile Packard unit. Seeing her loose her dark thick hair and hearing her sweet, helpless cry, I began to wonder why her? Why did God pick her to go through a trial so big, and painful. I struggled for a long time and felt alone most of that time because I wasn't sure how things would pan out. As I watched her fight for her life I began to realize that she wasn't alone, and I could feel that I wasn't either. The strength that she was clinging to was the pure love of God and thats what made her progress, what made her be able to put the disease into remission. Throughout the months of being in isolation I'll never forget one of Makynnas first days outside. She was learning how to walk and she was standing by her stroller when she looked up towards the heavens and smiled the most tender, thankful smile i've ever seen. It like she saw God and she was saying thank you to him. I believe that she was made to go through this trial to teach my family the importance of time. Time is everything when it involves someone you love. You don't know how much time you will have on this earth with them so cherish it. I know that we can be with our families for eternity. Makynna is doing great now, she is five almost six. I don't know how she does it but she's a light to everyone that meets her. She's truly a daughter of God and he blessed her with life. Life is wonderful and it's precious time we have to prepare ourselves for the day we will see Christ again so cherish it, and make sure you don't waste a second.
Jenna Jones, Age:19
![]() |
| The look that I mentioned above |
![]() |
| Makynna and her baby sister now. Makynna on the right, Bailee on the left |
![]() |
| Chemo |
If you would like to watch a slide show of pictures of Makynna click on the link: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=193000560724675



I'm never going to look at Makynna the same. I was on the verge of crying, it takes a lot for me to cry too! A very touching story.
ReplyDelete